Friday, December 3, 2010

For you Rosie ........



It's hot today.  We're not used to this so much in Dunedin but it's true. This is the first quiet weekend I've had for ages and I'm lolling about inside the house - all manner of activity clamours for my attention but as a colleague said to me recently " I'm concentrating on being a human being not a human doing."  So it's shaping up to be a delightfully idle day. These photos are for you Rosie.  Even though we're going to see you in a couple of weeks it will be a long time till you come home so here's some shots of the garden in all it's unkempt glory.  The first photo is the only one I managed to take while I was away in Tekapo the other weekend.






 We've had the nativity set out for a few weeks already. 





So in the true spirit of doing not much I'll leave it here before I turn it into work. 


Have a lazy week everyone if you possibly can. 

Cheers Marg  

4 comments:

  1. Truly you have the best nativity set, and the best sayings about idleness (which is doubly funny, as you are one of the least idle people I know). I intend to take your advice and take it easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As the Judeo/Christian creation story goes, even God took a day off. Who are we to argue with that kind of authority? I'm not sure how you get to take a day off with a toddler, but I believe TV may have something to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Garden looks great, can't make out what that staked thing in a pot inthe corner is. Boys are still laughing over the last title 'Parenting Crimes'. For some reason they found it funny. I would have thought it might help them feel they weren't alone. You've set the standard on the nativity corner all right and clearly Santa is not dead in your household either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey thanks for the photos! The garden looks great. And hooray! The nativity set has made it out of the shrine cupboard! 18 days until we will be having our own American style christmas holiday.

    ReplyDelete