Friday, March 4, 2011

Chilling out in Papatowai







This week I have been in Wellington where over night there was a small earthquake - a jolt and shudder that woke me up on the fifth floor of the hotel I was staying in.  Nothing at all compared to the what happened in Christchurch but even I who have not been directly affected felt wary and a degree of edginess I wouldn't usually feel.   I cannot imagine what these days and weeks must feel like for those in Canterbury. The organisation I work for was in the PG building that collapsed. One of our colleagues was the only person who was rescued alive 25 hours after the building went down. No one is unaffected.

Last weekend we went to Papatowai. Me to walk the 15.5 km walk and the other two to do a spot of bike riding. Look at the glorious views. It was so lovely !!!. The crib was a treat too. Very cheap at $25 per adult per night and I couldn't help but take these photos. It was such a cosy restful place to be ... if only we didn't have to come back for work......sigh !!! 

SO last week was in Wellington and this one coming up in Central Otago. NO rest for the wicked goes the old saying. OH well that's why Im trying to idle in my personal life. Why not book yourself a weekend at Papatowai soon? you wont be sorry if you do.


Cheers Marg

3 comments:

  1. It looks like everything a crib should be and you've really caught the best of Papotowai at its best in the photos. Never mind the walk, the glass of wine, the novel, the fire and the comfy chair...some people holiday by the beach and never even set one foot on it. Yes that has been me. Come and see us if you are up this way and get the opportunity. Lunch is only ever a tomato away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks lovely!! Very excited for my visit upon my return. Check toms term dates and invite him along. Great to talk to you today, and Ill be eagerly awaiting that firewood post when you finally get out there with your chainsaw

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well the walk sounds lovely and the crib looks perfect- that's one I will have to get the details of. Mum filled me in on the longer story of your colleagues' escape and it's nothing short of miraculous that they all got out alive. A restful weekend sounds like the perfect medicine at the moment!

    ReplyDelete