Saturday, May 8, 2010

Happy Mothers Day Margi Moo she said .....

Happy mothers day to all mothers out there - especially to my own mother and to my sisters and sister in law who are some of the most amazing mothers I know. 

Today Rosie sent me a text which said "Happy mothers day Margi-moo", then Tom and I went off for a lazy breakfast at one of our favourite places from a former life- Port Royale Cafe in Port Chalmers. A warm autumn day with no agenda after what has been a hectic and at times gruelling week.

Just what can one dollar buy you these days?  Hardly anything. It wont get you a ride on the bus, maybe it will buy you 2 fizzy lollies, 15 minutes parking in the central city, perhaps a k- bar, a single fresh tomato or maybe 3 grapes. So I know you will be very impressed with this salt and pepper set bought for just one dollar - yep just ONE!!  Isnt it wonderful. I bought it especially for good luck because Rosie was waiting to hear if she had been accepted for the USA exchange and the waiting was excruciating. I thought if I put these in the parcel they would be symbolic of a positive outcome. 
I've been away for work again but while I was away the message came through in capitals. I GOT ACCEPTED. So well done Rosie - you and your friend Liz are off to America for a semester at Georgia Tech University.That's so wonderful. You have both worked so hard for this.   Tom has been working hard too. Last week he passed his heavy traffic license and is just waiting  for the apprenticeship to come through. In the meantime he cleans bouncy castles and does dishes. But hey - work is work and pay day is always sweet.



This weeks parcel also went off with a tin of homemade chocolate chippie GF biscuits (Edmonds recipe book)  , GF pizza bases, jelly just in case there was going to be party with party food; and one homegrown carrot from my garden. Apparently it arrived complete with earwig!!  


Heres to week of knowing that being a mother is always worth it ( at least to me)

cheers Marg.

6 comments:

  1. Margie-moo! I guess the irreverence is all par for the course. Mum is having a 'Grandmother's Day' but is too full from lunch for a special meal. Not to waste the opportunity we will be having it tommorrow, menu to be an arranged collaboration with me. Exciting news for Rosie which unfortunately might take the shine off the excitement of those salt and pepper apples.
    Well temporarily anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marg,

    Great news for Anna-Rose - DOes that mean a trip to the States for you, too? Hope so.

    I got a block of Green and Black 85% choccie and a big kiss from Louis - who then proceeded to eat said chocolate and leave brown dribble throughout the house. We then had to go to a first birthday party - we thought about Miri's one time suggestion of "declining with pleasure" but could not. Birthday child had no clue what it was about and toddlers ran around having no idea either squashing a cake - which had obviously taken hours to decorate - into the ground. Hilarious. I quite like the fact my cake for Louis' first birthday was just an icing slathered mess cos that;s what it was going to end up like anyway.

    Hope it all works out for Tom, too - things sure are being ticked off the list in your household at the moment.

    Be nice to see you again soon - might aim for a trip to Dunners in next wee while - want to catch up with Miri, Bill and boys and your Mum too - will put thinking caps on.

    Love MAry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news that AR is off to Georgia, that is gonna be SO awesome.
    And Happy Mother's Day to you, too!
    This weeks parcel was even better than the usual selection with the unique but nonetheless thoughtful addition of the earwig. We just don't give eachother enough insects in this day and age, do we.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the mother's day wishes. I have been mocking Jenny mercilessly about her mother's day post but it was probably just jealousy because I didn't even get a sleep in.

    Congrats to Tom and Annarose - well done both of you - good effort all round.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's true that is, she mocked me mercilously that my blog has gone 'wholesome'.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wholesome, Miss Smith? I'm not so sure... Just refer people to the felt purse and beetroot posts. Ha ha.
    Love Mary

    ReplyDelete