Monday, April 26, 2010

Autumn comes to town ....

I've been really enjoying the changing of the seasons both here in the town and also the virtual tours provided by other bloggers.  Miriams detailed accounts of her changing garden and Donalds photos add a dimension to autumn that is quite unlike what you see here. One of the things I love about my walk to walk are the many sights I see along the way. These shots are all taken on High Street. What I love is the way people garden around here even with the smallest amounts of land available.  Take a look at these 




Giant sunflowers..... ( that's a second floor balcony in the background)






last of the tomatoes ...








This tree stands alone totally hemmed in by pavers and a metal grille. Kind of like a lone monkey at the zoo but it is so lovely - the leaves I noticed are much thinner today and browner and by the end of the month they'll be all gone. Then it will feel like winter.  My reputation as a wierdo is firmly cemented as I try to sneak my photos as all the morning traffic hurries past. Luckily Dunedin is such a HUGE city that you can be totally anonymous. 
Still at home I can click away to my hearts content. This last weekend as well as going to see the Wellington International Ukele Orchestra - which I would 100% recommend to anyone to go and see if they come your way - I sewed a sumo cushion for Rosies flatmate. It's her birthday and a request was made for me to make one. This guy is rather fun. A long time ago I made one for my sister MaryAnna . That was when she was a single girl and I made him as a hot water bottle cover for her.  
...and of course I packed up a parcel. ... You know I'm thinking of changing careers. I'm sure I could start a business specializing in food parcels to students.  Wealthy mothers could pay me to box up parcels of food and annoying second hand shop junk and write personal notes to their offspring.  Rosie assures me that parcel day is eagerly looked forward to.   On a serious note I am thinking of changing careers.


Have a great week. Cheers Marg



4 comments:

  1. Oh yes Marg I remember that hottie cover well, and its little note, "thought you might like to take a man to bed with you." I still have it somewhere but can't think where - must look it out as it is one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are possibly the LEAST anonymous person in Dunedin. But everyone already knows you're a weirdo, so I guess there's no loss of reputation there!

    Just kidding.

    The pillow looks fabulous! Liz is gonna love it. Roll on Thursday.

    Almost another essay down, hope your week is going well.
    Talk to you sooooon
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll remind you of that, consider yourself booked in for a week's gardening therapy next autumn or any other time you like. Fully catered and lots of hot water for baths and showers. Tomatoes ripening outside in Dn is a pretty impressive sight. Like you, I really admire those tiny gardens fitted into empty spaces, balconies, buckets and concrete backyards. And those goodie boxes are raising expectations you realise...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love to see what's in the parcel each week.
    Nelson is also looking very beautiful and autumnal at the moment. I am having an enforced week off because I hurt my shoulder hanging those darn curtains- but it's nice to have a week off with nothing to do and nothing I can do anyway.

    ReplyDelete