Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Mirth and Mockery...


Now tell me please what does a person have to do these days to be taken seriously.  Anyone who reads this blog will know now that for several weeks I have been extolling the virtues of deep breathing as taught by Saga from Christchurch. What do I get for my trouble? Nothing but Mockery and mirthful laughter at my expense. Take a look at these cards produced for my birthday by Rosie and Miriam.




 Actually I found these cards very funny and Im happy to be a source of such ongoing amusement.   It's been a really nice Easter. A mixture of being at home - watching series one of Jonathon Creek ( another Weirs purchase) and another climb to the top of Mount Cargill. We went up to see Miri and Bill and the boys in the Maniototo and tonight I'm putting together a parcel to go back to Wellington.   Muesli, gluten free chocolate chip biscuits ( yet to be made) some homemade peanut butter ( which has already claimed the lives of 3 mice - figure that one out!) and these lovely collector teaspoons.( another Weirs score) I don't know if you can see but there is one from Port Chalmers and another  from Kingston - where we often used to take the kids on holiday when they were little. So both places have some old associations and hopefully fond memories. 
 A final word about breathing before I go. Focusing just a little for a few moments a day on my breathing before I go to work ,does I swear make a difference to my head space. I am noticing more consciously where my thoughts are - or more to the point where they are supposed to be as I get on with the day.   Anyway enough of that. Here's to week of not taking yourself too seriously !!   Marg



3 comments:

  1. Oh I love those cards...they are great. Harry made our one for you and there was not a trace of mockery in it, I'm sorry to say.
    Sounds like you had a lovely birthday, hope your week is going well too.
    Love, J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rosie's card really captured everything. Now I haven't bought the stick yet. I couldn't make head or tail of the Trade Me offerings in terms of quality and had decided to get one from kathmandu that at least had a reliable brand name. So expect a surprise in the near future. School holidays picked up the minute we deferred the crazy plan to paint the house in a few days, roof included. If you give me a few days, the reality checker usually kicks in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those teaspoons were my favourite yet! And the delight on my flatmates faces at that giant bag of food was worth lugging it around chch airport for five hours.

    ReplyDelete