Friday, July 2, 2010

The bag of many uses.....

In anticipation of all the spare time I will have when I start my new job I am dusting off my hobbies. ( you know those things that are supposed to make you an interesting multidimensional person)  Last weeks effort was to try a prototype of a bag made from fabric scraps lying around the house.  I was pleased with how it turned out. The bag is for Rosie to take to the States.  Well actually not this one - she thinks it is too loud and won't go with anything she wears - but I disagree I think it suits me quite well.


or do you think it suits Rosie better? How bout this view? The bag of many uses indeed.



I think that's enough of being silly.  I am about to become a public servant - there is a code of conduct to adhere to,  serious matters to attend to. I am surprised at how sad I am feeling about leaving work. It has taken me by surprise.

here's to a silly week


Marg

4 comments:

  1. Public servant? Just like James Bond, but you probably won't be spending as much time on private yachts as he does...unless there's something you haven't told us. Love the bag, great fabric, great lining, and perhaps the middle hat shot (Rosie looking like a garden gnome)is the best.
    Going to a new job after 10 years is a very significant transition. I would say there are quite a few steps to take between the two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I also feel sad sometimes about quitting play centre. Even the truly awful can have its moments and as much as anything we are creatures of habit and routine and we can feel the loss of change itself. Of course I'm sure your job had lots of better things than playcentre - like you got paid for a start - and so it will be hard to say goodbye. But saying hello to hobbies - oooh I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that bag, oh yes, I like it very much.

    I bought some *fantastic* civil servant fabric today for your two robots. They're gonna be ace.

    Have a great and very silly week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marg

    Well big changes afoot it seems! It's good you have the insightfulness to work on hobbies.

    The bag looks great - perhaps the more so for it being cheerful while it's winter.

    Cheers

    Donald

    ReplyDelete