Friday, July 23, 2010

Groundhogs day........

Do you remember that movie groundhogs day?  I haven't seen it for a long time but it has always been one of my favourites. 

This week  has definitely had that feeling of groundhogs day. It's been the longest dreariest week ever with so much to do at work I could hardly think or breathe.  But here we are it's Friday-  the weekend beckons and I remember the amazing things that have happened lately. 




Look at this. Not much to the undiscerning eye. But let me tell you - this is my new carpet.  Only about 2 or 3 weeks ago I began to notice how threadbare and old my carpet was. Well too bad I thought to myself - it will have to wait. I seriously can't afford new carpet so it will go right down to the bottom of the priority list.  No sooner had I thought that than one of my friends called into work with a carpet sample. All the carpet was coming out of a bank - top quality - commercial grade wool - would I care to have it - NO cost!!!  Hmm let me think about that . Why that would be a yes you are hearing. 

Another friend just happened to know a carpet layer who happily came and last Saturday laid the carpet in the hallway and living rooms. There is also enough in my basement to do the bedrooms as soon as I save for the carpet layer to come back.  Im so grateful for my new carpet. It looks so great. 

In the same way I had been finding my old camera  frustrating. I'm not a great photographer but in anticipation of my new job I'd been vaguely  thinking it would  be great to have a better camera.  And what do you know. An opportunity has arisen for me to upgrade. The new camera is just what I need. Perfect for me. Here's a shot which looks forward to spring that I took on the way to work this morning.




SO even when it's a groundhogs day all week good things can and do happen. 

Here's to unexpected good things. Marg 

4 comments:

  1. Three cheers for happy lucky moments Marg. I have pulled a muscle in my neck - every time I move my head it's "ouch" - I'm trying to work out how I can turn this to my advantage but nothing's forthcoming.

    On a different note, the carpet is very smart. Grey is a great neutral it goes so well with lots of colours so happy happy find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great score on the carpet, what a treasure and all for the cost of a carpet layer. Fantastic.
    Thanks for H's pressie- built immediately and taken to bed with him last night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ground hog day used to be my all time favourite movie and every now and then we would get it out and watch it.
    Carpet looks so cosy and warm. That first blossom is like seeing lambs in Spring. It doesn't mean it has got warmer but it promises to sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes Groundhog day is a classic. Another hilarious movie is "Something about Mary". Cracks me up every time. The carpet looks great.

    ReplyDelete