Monday, August 2, 2010

Up up and away .......

This weekend just gone in the frenzy of packing and getting all those last things done before Rosie took  flight this morning we managed to fit in a trip to Long beach -one of our favourites. 

I took my new  camera and made a startling discovery  - I can't use it unless I'm wearing my glasses otherwise I can't see the picture I've taken. Look at this dreadful shot above.That is supposed to be one seamless panoramic shot made up of 3 photos taken close to each other. Even I am surprised at my lack of skill there and annoyed that my eyes aren't what they used to be.Glasses are so annoying and I can never find mine at the best of times let alone wear them constantly!!!



That aside I'm  really pleased with the general ability of the camera to take a good crisp picture.




Later when we got home I made another bag for the USA.

This one was an old hospital blanket -lined with impossibly slippery  and sure to fray lining. But who could resist those Russian dolls peeking out at them while sitting in a not so interesting class.

I was nervous about this bag. I know that here in Dunedin you would have no trouble wearing it loudly  and proudly -but I'm not so sure it will be understood down in Southern USA.  Never mind I made it as an expression of my affection -not because it needs to be used.


It was  a muted goodbye at the airport this morning. We  sad but happy - she nervous but so excited. Good luck Rosie -missing you already!!!!   What an adventure you are going  to have.


Here's to a week of dreaming of new adventures.

Marg




 

5 comments:

  1. I was thinking she must be heading off any moment, travel well Rosie! Have fun over tharrrrr!
    I'm sure you can dream up plenty of new adventures, you there down in Dunedin. And I like your bag, the lining and the blankie (and how perfect of you to use "blanket stitch" on it!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey- the WV was "noutfair". It's noutfair that Rosie gets to go while you stay at home in the cold!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That panorama is a classic. I can't see the photos I've taken till I put them up on the screen at home.
    It's amazing how suddenly quickly it was Rosie's departure. Next send off will be Louis who got his LIM! and I know we will blink and he'll be gone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah Long Beach... such fond memories. In particular I remember one Christmas day picnic that was spent in the car - it was too cold to get out.

    Bon Voyage Rosie - have a happy adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For those of us who did get out of the car we spent the time huddled in the picnic rug until everything was abandoned and we took off to your place Marg. The wind has a way of howling through that picnic ground.

    ReplyDelete