Saturday, August 28, 2010

A parcel a week goes international...

Last week I kept thinking I would write a blog-post about our trip to Auckland but some how there just weren't the right words to capture all the fun of the birthday weekend and spending time with family.  I never had a lot of children myself but am very grateful to our parents for giving me so many siblings. 


So this week you get to see a parcel a week going international. Yep this little lot is going off to the USA. Apparently marmite is unknown there as are pineapple lumps and New Zealand themed greeting cards. The whole package has to weigh under 1 kilo or else the postage will be terrible. So sadly I have had to limit the junk I'm sending off. However I couldn't resist these two Snoopy's - from weirs ( where else) . One in american and the other in mexican costume. She will need these to brighten up her room I'm sure and to keep connected to her familial wierdness genes .



Walking to work this week has been amazing. The blossom is out and if you look at the ground you could be fooled for a minute into thinking it's been snowing - but really it's just all the blossom on the ground.

These window boxes are very inspiring also. These are on the main street and someone who works inside has gardening style. Don't you love the silver beet and daffodils growing together?  I do. Makes me happy every time I walk past.

Here's to a happy first week of spring. 

cheers Marg

5 comments:

  1. Hi Marg

    Lucky girl - she gets a couple of Snoopys, and at least one looks suitably patriotic, and hopefully the other won't get stopped at the border. Still Snoopy is a wise soul - I've always liked him a lot.

    The window box shots are nice.Someone has flair combining silver beet and daffodils. Wonder what else will pop up when the latter does it's thing and vanishes.

    Cheers

    Donald

    ReplyDelete
  2. I craved vegemite when I was overseas too, there's nothing like it. I don't know how it's happened but our children are marmiters whereas we are both vegemiters. I thought it was all a matter of what you were raised on, but no.
    Those window boxes look amazing- I am inspired to go and make my little garden more inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny because you have to go overseas to find out what is exclusively Kiwi. I imagined that all those cadbury's chocolate bars were particular to NZ; how wrong I was. You must be getting wind as well (no not you personally of course, Dunedin I mean) to have blossom on the ground. Window boxes must be the ultimate space maximiser and aren't they inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Marg it was lovely to see you in Auckland and I'm sure you were pleased to go back to dryer weather. Lovely window boxes, I am admiring the cherry blossom, which is in full swing now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi all,

    Regular users of international parcel delivery services soon find that the cost of sending parcels whether they travel the shortest distances or to the other side of the world is one of their bigg. Thanks for sharing it.....

    ReplyDelete