Sunday, September 12, 2010

A brisk walk does wonders ......


Here we are quite the happy couple. That's me on the second last day of work with the new manager Nikki beside me. ( sorry Nikki if you didn't want to appear in a public place- but like I said - your private life is over- especially if you want to do something you shouldn't in Dunedin.  From now on you will always see someone you know) . I am wearing my practice clothes for being a civil servant. Black is the theme but in truth I can't do that well. So I have my second hand coat ( $20) my second hand boots($10) my second hand and most favourite second hand  turquoise jersey ($1) with my own not second hand navy blue tights - and the underwear is also newish. - no not new at all.  So I thought tomorrow when I turn up at the  new work place - I will give this outfit a whirl and see if it passes muster.  If not - I'm not that bothered.

Actaully the staff put together a CD of about 150 photos of the farewell and last weeks moments. That's the only showable photo. I look a bit too wrecked in the others.  I decided this weekend that since I'd had such an emotional workout over the week I would bring all things into balance by having a physical work out as well.
So today saw me entering and completing the half marathon from town to Port Chalmers.






It was a brisk 21 km walk.  The number below shows you not my placing but almost certainly the as usual lateness of my entry into the race.

I can still walk so that's a good sign. The day was lovely , the company cheerful and the sense of satisfaction enormous. It kind of felt like a good way to end a hard week and a perfect way to start a new one.   I might even do it again next year - just because I can!!



So here's to a week of doing whatever you please just because you can.


Cheers  Marg

3 comments:

  1. A lovely post Marg. and impressive for what must have been a very interesting week, if not a challenging one at times.

    Well done on all fronts in fact.

    Cheers

    Donald

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes well done Marg, I'm sure it was hard to say goodbye. Fresh fields await!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great day on your first day at your new job! And well done walking the half-marathon! One of these years I would like to walk it with you.
    Love J

    ReplyDelete