Sunday, September 19, 2010

One of the Wombles goes to America .....

Look who is going to America. Why it's one of the Wombles?  Can you remember who this one is?  Is it Orinoko? I'm not sure myself - all I know he is very cute and he is one of the treasures I was sent home with on my last day of work.  Originally he and 2 others were lovingly knitted for the Children's ward but got rejected because knitted toys cant be kept germ free so the poor husband of the wife who knitted them brought them into us. He did not dare appear back home with those treasures so soundly refused.  Anyway the idea was our children at work would play with and adore these creatures but somehow they never got out of my office. So after all these years of imprisonment this one gets to exploring. He is taking a healthy food guide with him. ( as a good NZ ambassador should). I hope Rosie can find something delicious to make and eat in there.

Hey what's this he's sneaking along with him? A bag of pineapple lumps! I must have had my back turned when that happened. Oh well just this once I will allow it.

Have fun in America little womble. 

As for me - Im off to Te Anau for a week. What fun. 

Cheers Marg

4 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great womble. I never really knew which was which so I can't give you a positive ID I'm sorry. The lady who knitted it would be so happy to know how loved it has been over those years in your office.
    I'm gonna start on your robots this week- I'm thinking of pale blue plaid, what do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have got to love a knitted toy, and you, in particular love them especially (I'm thinking knitted nativity set), so how perfect that you should have inherited these. Hope Rosie enjoys her little piece of homemade love, and that you enjoy your week off. Best of luck for the new job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not the best weather week to go to Te Anau but I guess last week would have been worse. You've got to say that is the cutest womble rendition ever; if your (dearly departed)cats had happened to look up at you with those big blue eyes they would have been fed on the spot and to their hearts content. I'm sure Rosie is never short of conversation topics but that parcel will keep the laughs going until she gets home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're giving me a womble?! Such an honour!! I know they're pretty much your favourite thing of all time... cant wait till this arrives!

    ReplyDelete