Friday, October 1, 2010

It's Friday Again......



I can't believe both how fast and slowly a week disappears. Here it is Friday again and I'm just getting around to thinking about what I did last weekend before I turn my mind to this.  Last weekend I went with a few friends to stay at Kakanui - that lovely seaside community not far from Oamaru. There's not a lot to do there except relax, walk the beach and generally solve all of life's problems as you do when you have a glass of wine or two with friends.

 we stayed in this cute little crib.  Really cheap at only $45 per night.

I was inspired by Mary Nanas post where she wrote about 10 things that her readers might not know about her. Given that my readership is mainly my family I have been trying to think of 10 things that they may not know about me - Lets see

1. Among other things my favourite foods are currently avocados, olives and feta cheese.
2. While I am happy to drink red wine my first preference is for white.
3.  I really really don't like country music.  Currently I am enjoying a wide range of many genres - especially jazz.
4. Every year I declare I will take a week off work when the film festival comes to town. So far I have not succeeded in that ambition.
5. I nearly always overestimate how much I can fit into one day and my capacity to succeed at tasks I set myself.
6. I never ever cry in movies (but can weep to music or poetry).  This has often given me a reputation of being hard -hearted.
7. I am very good at knowing the meaning of dreams.
8. If I wasn't doing what I am doing now I would like to design beautiful shoes for awkward and ugly feet. 
9. I do not like flying.
10.  I am speed reader.

That's all for now. Have a great week. 

Marg 

5 comments:

  1. Well I have to say, your list of 10 didnt shock me at all. You'll be glad you're not here with the hate of country music. Its blasting out of the frats across the road from us all freakin day.
    I also dont think the rest of your family will be surprised at number 5....
    My 10 would have to include how much I cant stand odd socks, but apart from that I'd have to really think about it.
    Got some photos from home printed today, two months today since I left New Zealand! How time flies.
    Hope your weekend is fabulous.
    Alison Yates

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last night I dreamed that Bill Clinton died. What do you make of that?

    I really want to stay in that bach. I really do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I enjoyed your list of 10 Marg and I have total envy at the feta and olives bit because they are such a salt lick and we don't get that in this household!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Number 8 I wouldn't have guessed and yes we all understand no 5 but where does it come from? Hard-hearted,not at all, perhaps just empathy over sympathy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a good idea Marg. Thanks for sharing some of the inner you - your choices are rich in their diversity.

    Sort of left me wondering, or gazing inwards wondering what I'd dare admit too and if I could do it so well.

    Cheers

    Donald

    ReplyDelete