Saturday, October 16, 2010

5 weeks already!!


In my fifth week already of my new work I spent the week in Alexandra. Sometime over this week I turned the corner mentally. That is to say I suddenly no longer felt like I was kind of having a holiday from my old job but actually working doing what you do in a job - that is work. And work we did. We had 2 assignments to carry out by Thursday evening. So evenings were spent working as well.  (There are some strange aspects to my new work. One which I find the most difficult to balance is how we have to simultaneously suspend and make judgments. That part is really tricky along with the nagging question when we leave of "Have we got it right?")
However one lovely night I decided to walk up to the Alexandra clock. Can you see it up there on the hill? It's not very far to walk there but from a distance it looks like a long way.


Before you know there you are up on the hill. I really enjoyed this walk and especailly loved getting right up to the clock face. There every teenage couple that ever lived in Alexandra  and maybe a few older ones as well have scratched their initials and other declarations of love on the face of the clock. I kind of like the sentiment expressed but also the views which were well worth the effort.

Next week I'm away to Wanaka. Its been a very long time since I spent anytime there so maybe there will be time for some more good walks.

Have a good week wherever you are. 

Marg 

4 comments:

  1. I've never seen Alexandra from that viewpoint - not being able to drive there. Collect casserole this week and drop off plants, finally coming good on my hollow promises. Enjoy Wananka, it certainly looks good via Annabel Langbein's little crib.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a pretty wee town, I had forgotten that because I haven't been there for so long. Are you enjoying the travel aspect of your new job?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also wonder how to simultaneously suspend and make judgements. I suspect I often get it the wrong way round! Time sure goes quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You gave us an experience of going up to the clock face, Marg, with your little sequence of - far away, on the way - the view from the top. i especially liked the mention of the lovers' initials...did you carve yours? Being a lover of all things timely and earthly?

    ReplyDelete