Sunday, September 20, 2009

All Work and No play makes a student's life dull.


And what might these strange things be?
These are meat skewers with pictures of native bird puppets taped on the ends. They took my fancy when they came as an ad in the stationery order at work. I thought Rosie might like to make stylish fruit kebabs with these and impress her friends or if not she could put on a little puppet show to amuse her flat mates. What do you think?


Can you read the label on that jar? It says quince paste and it comes from an amazing place just out of Oamaru near Dunedin called Riverstone kitchens. It's a cafe and shop and also on the property are 4 huge barns stuffed full of kitchen and garden stuff for people to buy. It's the kind of stuff that all looks lovely and then afer you look at it all you ask yourself if you'd really want to own any of it - and mostly you dont.
However - the food they make you really do want to buy and especially all the jams and pickles and of course quince paste which is an all time favourite in this house.

So what else went in the parcel this week. Somethingthat no self respecting mother would put on a blog - some new undies for rosie- and boring things like a packet of rice crackers to go with the paste and a disposable camera just for fun .Oh and a small box of those guerlin shell shaped chocolates.

Soon I am having a short holiday. When that happens I am going to teach myself how to add all the extras to my blog that other people do - like show other interesting blogs they are reading and learning how to follow blogs and add links and stuff like that. Im getting excited already.
Have a great Week. Marg

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are having a wee holiday. Don't suppose you had a meal at the Riverstone cafe while you were there. I have their website on my favourites and I can look it up now and again to check their menu...My plan was to get there for lunch at least once per season (Spring Summer etc) but the plan short term is to get there this year. We bought our own copy of 'the book' and am currently bidding on one on Trade Me (shhhh) so we have a copy to lend. See you soon we hope Miri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Puppet show! I vote for the puppet show! Fruit kebabs be darned.

    What a spectacular parcel this week. Now if you'll excuse me all this talk of quince paste has made me crave marmalade on toast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great parcel for Rosie - what a lot of lovely treats.

    ReplyDelete