Friday, September 4, 2009

Crazy feet and Lemon Honey




Hello - what do we have here today? Not much food for the tummy but some soul food perhaps and much amusement by me finding this weeks offerings. Even better for me is enjoying junk shopping and not keeping what I buy. You may not believe it but I'm at that part of my life when I'm trying to get rid of things. Experts call it simplyfying and decluttering. I can truthfully say that one of the best unexpected consequences of getting a divorce was literally ending up with only half my possessions. Not that I'm recommending that necessarily as the best way to de clutter but for me it certainly helped. - physically and mentally.

What you can see up there is a little old camera case - perfect for a modern day digital camera , some more damp rid for one very damp flat and a tub of locally made calendula cream - all made with natural ingredients - great for eczema, chapped hands and dry skin and really cheap. Just $6 for that little pottle.

As for that smiley fellow to the left.He is on the side of reusable grocery bag given to me at the 4 square shop where Rosie works over the summer. I got it for free because I bought$20 of groceries. I thought she might like a reminder of that summer work which paid such a pittance.

Don't you think these little salt and pepper feet are hilarious? I find myself wondering who would use them, and who seriously ever owned them?



These are the lemons I used to make the lemon honey. It is so delicious. You cook it up in the microwave. It takes about 15 minutes from start to finish. It very nearly didnt get to the parcel because it was so tasty. If you'd like the recipe I'll gladly share it.


So thats it from me " a parcel a week"

Have a great week.

4 comments:

  1. Those pepper and salt shakers look slightly creepy - as if they have a bad case of chillblains.

    Aren't damp flats horrid? OUr first place in Invervegas had mushrooms growing out of the ceiling - there was a meal up there just waiting to be harvested.

    Yummy lemon honey - I only ever made it once and none of it made it to a jar - just ate it straight from the pot (and felt slightly ill afterwards!).

    Have a great week - we're enjoying your blog. May see you next week in Dunners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to blogland Marg! It's highly addictive, believe me, and lucky Rosie to get all those parcels in the post!

    Hey Rosie I assume you got to the airport on time..it was so lovely to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh well what a great parcel full of stuff. Yes please for the lemon honey recipe, as it appears from your photo that it actually contains honey, and I've never made that version.
    I heartily agree with Mary re. the creepiness of the feet. That fact that you shake little black and white bits out of them all over your dinner is even more bizzare. Ew!
    Another great parcel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, its Smith Stalker here. Anyway, you are all funny, so how can I help it?

    I've never heard of Damp Rid but will have to partake in its damp ridness very soon.

    ReplyDelete