Sunday, September 13, 2009

Would madam care for some more to drink?


This last weekend Rosie came home , albeit briefly, so the parcel was able to travel in comfort as hand luggage back to Wellington. Never mind the hand luggage, I hear you say , get on with telling us what sort of flour went into the gluten free banana loaf. Ok, well since you asked it is a mixture of ground almonds, rice flour, potato flour and cornflour. Was it delicious? - apparently so and so was the fudge.

As luck would have it, I too, was in Wellington this last week for work for a couple of days and I stayed at the flat. When I was listing the secret ingredients of the banana cake to satisfy the flatmates curiosity, there they all were laughing around me. What on earth could be so funny?
Rosie had predicted that when I arrived one of the first things I would want to do was to tell them what the secret flour mix for the banana loaf was. And I did. I hate being so readable. I am going to work on cultivating a much more mysterious persona from now on.


You may not have loved the feet but I definitely adore the pigs. Cant you just hear the waiter asking madam if she would care for more to drink? The second hand shop close to work has many cabinets of salt and pepper shakers at super cheap prices. looks like Rosie is starting her own collection. She didn't know she loved them so much but she does now. Great thing is she can dump them or leave them as a gift for the new flat mates if they don't appeal. What fun it is to buy and not to keep. Have a great week. Marg

3 comments:

  1. I remember Mary Anna and I laughing until we cried one time when Dad was telling you a story, and it was because we had predicted that as soon as you came over, Dad would say "I lost $500 this weekend!" and then launch into his story about the table and chairs that was underpriced in the second hand shop. So predicting what your parent will say and then laughing perhaps a little too much is definitely a genetic thing.

    Great parcel this week Marg. The piggies are a hoot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your ceramic collection too. If Rosie doesn't want them she can ship 'em up for me. They are way cool. The pigs, the feet, each week I think you can't top the last but then you surprise me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So...can we have the banana loaf recipe too, I mean, or were you trying to not be predictable by giving it to us? Some of us have sisters allergic to gluten, so you know, I just thought...well...not to put any pressure...you know, just asking.....(voice trailing off)

    ReplyDelete