Sunday, March 14, 2010

Jam packed with deliciousness ....


This week to amuse myself  I pretend I am a star of the Food in a Minute Show.  By the time you have finsihed reading this I will have whipped up this superb batch of  Meusli. First the finished product all good to go.


Now you see a selection of my ingredients left thoughtfully on hand by my kitchen assistant

- sunflower seeds
 -pumpkin seeds
- dried apricots
- almonds

other ingredients

- rolled oats ( main ingredient )
- coconut
- oil/water and 1 T honey melted together
- rice bran flakes or other wheat free alternative - oat bran , cornflakes , millet etc

Now mix all that lot together , bake in the oven till it's as crisp as you like it and serve with your favorite kind of milk, yoghurt and stewed fruit. Good for breakfast or for pudding.  The whole thing is fast and above all thrifty.  ( a perfect addition to Rosie's parcel this week)

Speaking of thrifty. Did you notice the flowery fabric under those cups? They are my $7 hospice shop curtains - thermal backed - which are soon to adorn my dining room windows. Now that the nights are drawing in the curtains need hung.  These are perfect - it was as  if someone had left them there just for me to find for my house.

Wishing everyone an equally thrifty week.

Cheers Marg

6 comments:

  1. Wow, good score on those curtains! Speaking of curtains, I am considering the almost-unthinkable: getting some made. I am so heartily sick of sewing curtains that the big curtain project for front door/living room window feels too overwhelming and I am almost ready to pay someone to do it for me.
    Muesli looks great. Num num num.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just like Food in a Minute with 'here's one I prepared earlier'. Muesli looks delicious, curtains are an amazing match. You couldn't have picked out a better fabric from a display room of them, let alone the humble hospice shop. I would love to visit Jim O'Gormon's garden in Kakanui. Must get details from you; can you book in/drop in or do you need 'contacts'?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to see those coffee cups in action. Nice looking museli. Perfect student fodder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nosy stranger butting in here - pretty curtains, but I didn't notice them at first because I was too busy coveting those GORGEOUS CUPS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Had the first bowlful this morning. Very tasty!! And just the right level of toasted-ness. The rest of the parcel was a real treat too! Thanks ma.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How I thought of that muesli as I ate my meagre porridge rations on tramp. It would have made great scroggin too. Pack was awesome, dry it out and return this week.

    ReplyDelete