Friday, October 9, 2009

Which One Do You Choose?


Seriously this is a difficult decision. Last week I sent off  2 salt and pepper shaker sets. The merry corncobs and the bashful aliens. Salt and pepper shakers are becoming quite the the thing for students who live in Wellington and so this week Rosie and her flat mate got have one set each. How they decided who got which set I don't know. But I do know that when there is just one week to go till the end of classes and assignments that it makes for the longest week ever. Time seems to stand almost still. The minutes inch past at a snails pace and still so much to do, so much work!!!!




My idea that in my week off I was going to learn how to do tricky things like make sure photos go the right way up went by the board pretty quickly. I got sick ( isn't that what you do when you have a break?) and felt really bad so hardly did a thing. I did however find these old story books with records that I thought were just about the cutest I'd ever seen. If you want to know where all this junk is sourced - try going into Wiers on St Andrew Street in Dunedin and you'll find great stuff going very cheaply.








Last things to in the parcel this week are some sensible things. Brain food - almonds and cranberries, comfort food - chocolate and an emergency meal - gluten free spaghetti and tomato paste. Not that appealing but a backstop.

Well that's all this time - have a great week. Marg

5 comments:

  1. Oh I think I'd have to go for the corn cobs. it reminds me of my American flatmate who often said to me. "get that corn cob from out of your butt."
    Actually, she was the anal one, as is so often the way, they're the first to rat out anyone else.

    Nice parcel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, aliens for me, that's for sure. Mind you, some Brian food would probably be good for me (at first read through I was sure that it said "Brian food" and I was thinking "Who's Brian? Who's Brian?").
    BTW, if you rotate your photos in whatever photo program you use they might load up the right way- have you tried that? (Usually the rotate button is a wee curvy arrow).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I choose the chocolate, consciously and with all the consequences. Our guests have all gone home and the tins are bare. Actually the fridge is full of leftovers that nobody wants now that we are 'Eating Less with Gillian Riley'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all went down very well! The record books are even cooler in person. I will most definately give you a quick lesson in rotating photos when Im home. Hope you have a good week

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marg

    Well I like the Walt Disney characters most of all. As a kid I had an on-going passion to draw them and colour the work in, so I can happily stand on my head to enjoy them, if you're feeling sensitive about photo rotation techniques ;)

    But then again there is a pleasing contrast having blue aliens amongst flowers. Both seem to love the sun which is maybe how it should be.

    Yours

    Donald

    ReplyDelete